Monday, December 28, 2015

Future Plans for the Blog

Hello, everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season!

This post is meant to outline some of the plans that we have for posts on this blog.

When there are significant updates on the progress of the game that we feel ready to show, you may find details here. However, those posts may not necessarily be on any set basis, and will be posted whenever we have new content that is worth showing; we don't want to show something that is half-finished for the sole purpose of meeting some quota.

For posts following a regular schedule, we have two planned post categories at this time, though more may be added in the future. They are the following:

"Creature Feature": Every Tuesday, I will be writing a post about one of the species or a group of species that will be featured in Dinosaur Battlegrounds. These posts will be as informative as possible, and will include pictures of both fossil specimens and a screenshot of the model that will appear in the game if it is ready.

"Sci-day": Every Friday, there will be a post about some core concept of science or research technique that will allow us to create a truly accurate reconstruction of the Hell Creek paleoecosystem. There will also be concepts or research that has led us to make certain design choices, or perhaps raises questions that Dinosaur Battlegrounds could help answer. For example, there will likely be a post that summarizes cladistics and phylogenetic bracketing, and how that technique offers support for a feathered Tyrannosaurus rex. The post would also attempt to explain the relevance of 'secondary loss', and how that allows for the possibility of a fully scaled T. rex.

If you're a fan, I would highly recommend that you follow this blog so you can get the latest news about the game, and perhaps learn something new about the fascinating creatures that lived on our little blue marble millions of years ago!

5 comments:

  1. Please announce this on the forum so more fans can see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, but I am not a mod or admin on the forum so I am not sure how many people would see it. I will tell one of the admins to do so, though! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry, these posts will start this upcoming week. I had a hellish weekend last weekend due to flight troubles. I would like to note in advance that there may be a slight delay in the Sci-Day post this week, as I am getting my wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday and do not know if I will be able to write coherently enough, but if possible I will write it in advance and either upload it myself or have a friend get on my computer and upload it for me.

    This week's creature feature has a LOT of information in it, so it's taking a while to get everything I want to say in there! :)

    ReplyDelete